Here’s a decadent dessert drink perfect for chilly winter evenings–homemade CBD cocoa with fresh whipped cream. This hot chocolate treat is a great way to administer your CBD dose by adding CBD oil or tincture to the cocoa just before serving (see our dosing guide).
In the video below Ed shares his special methods for making cocoa to perfection (recipe below the video):
CBD Cocoa Recipe
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CBD oil or tincture
- Place small mixing bowl and rotary beaters in freezer.
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a cup.
- Add 1/4 hot water and stir until smooth; add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir mixture into milk and gently heat until just before a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Whip cream in chilled mixing bowl using chilled beaters.
- Gently stir in 1 tablespoon honey and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour cocoa into serving mugs (only fill 2/3-3/4 full).
- Stir in CBD oil or tincture (optional).
- Gently spoon whipped cream onto surface of cocoa.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg.